1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Valves Deltrol vs. Sterling???

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by MadLion90, Jan 25, 2011.

1. MadLion90

MadLion90 Member

Ok so now the plow is back to dropping to the ground even after cleaning the valves. So I went to the shop to buy the valve. The problem is that the valve looks different from the one in my curtis. The guy insists that it is the same thing just to "add a wash if its too long". Doesn't sound too assuring to me as most replacement parts are to be identical. Here is a link to a valve diagram that i found, ironically from their website: http://www.tripowersales.com/Curtis%20PDF/Valve_ID_Model__1_.pdf

In the diagram there are 2 different types/brands of valves Deltrol and Sterling. Basically, the one in mine looks like the deltrol and even the coil is marked deltrol. He gave me the one that looks like Sterling which is longer not only in the valve assembly part but on the coil side as well.

Does anyone know if there is in fact a difference or does it not matter? Hate to waste $100+ to try one that won't work and perhaps mess up the system even more.

2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

Both valves will work the coil on a deltrol is shorter so putting it on a sterling needs a washer.

3. MadLion90

MadLion90 Member

Hey Thanks for the info. Wonder if that was you that called me in the morning seeing this thread was mentioned. Well if it was, thanks for the great tech service X 2. Def explained it alot better than the parts guy at the local shop who just said "well if it don't fit just add washers to make it fit". He had no reasoning behind it.

4. Ferrisdiesel

Ferrisdiesel Member

Madlion, where in RI are ya from? Im in West Warwick.........I have a snow pro 3000 as well, and have went to Tri Power a couple times and really was not impressed with the service there......Always kinda felt like they were annoyed that I was asking questions and buying stuff from them.

5. MadLion90

MadLion90 Member

I live right in cranston. Yep exactly what i was thinking. They were more interested in showing me the function of some fancy new LED warning light than making sure i had the right part. But only one around so i guess there's no choice. Probably the reason they can be like that and still be in business. oh well... about to hit the sack. long long day plowing.:sleeping: