1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

valve stuck?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nmaineron, Apr 22, 2016.

1. nmaineron

nmaineron Junior Member

My SD MM2 worked flawlessly for me this winter and has been waiting for snow for over a month now.Today I went to move it to the back part of the yard but when I went to raise the plow or any function the flow is going to the left push piston.I am assuming that valve must be stuck open.Thoughts and solutions welcome...Thanks,Ron
  2. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

chk the plow side control cable eyelet ground that bolts to the insta act motor (I'm guessing u have a 3 plug setup) then chk ur plowside and trk side control cables for dirt and corrosion IF u have another person around someone hold the 2 control plugs together even wiggle them together while some one activates the controller lastly u can take a torx 20 and take the insta act solenoid cover off and make sure no wires fell off past that ud need to make sure ur controller is still working lastly chg ur fluid then start by taking off ur middle number 31 cartridge and blow it out if that don't work try the 40 cartridge far right looking at the insta act and blow it out IF that don't work u need a good know 31 cartridge chg out 1st then chg out 40 for a known good one IF that don't fix it get another know good plowside control harness #26359 good luck
  3. nmaineron

nmaineron Junior Member

Thanks NH...
  4. nmaineron

nmaineron Junior Member

Well..I went and took everything apart,drained the oil checked all the valves and found a bad connection on the right side solenoid.Put things back and all is well...Thanks