1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Valve help

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by RidgeRunner, Sep 7, 2004.

1. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner Junior Member
    from Maine

I have a leaky valve on my vickers pump that is in my international scout 800. I pulled the pump and figured a good tear down and replacement of seals and gaskets would be good. What I am having a problem is removing the valve. It looks like a snap ring but more like a washer with a 1/4 inch section missing that is holding the valve spool in place. There is also a hole where I can see this ring. I was told I have to tap the ring around so the ends of the ring are under the hole in the valve spool. Then tap the other end of the ring and feed it out the hole. Is this the correct procedure? and is there a special tool or a recomended tool to do the job? I was thinking a pick set from napa (sku # SER3121 )

for the help!