1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by oakhill2000, Jan 17, 2003.

1. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

Hi I have a 2000 Boss Plow. It is an 8' with a handheld control and it is a quick hitch setup. I am looking to sell it out right but not sure what to price it at. It is in excellent shape and I was wondering if anyone here would know what it would be worth. I paid $3072.21 for it brand new. Any suggestions would be appreciated

2. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

I would guess $1500-$1800, it all depends on the market, Keep in mind whoever buys it, will more than likely have it installed by a proffesional, which will be at least $500. I sold an 8' western 2 years ago, it was only 3 years old when I sold it. I got $1500 for it plus i had to pay $125 to have it removed from my vehicle. At that price, I only got about 3 calls.
  3. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Ahhhh . . . jkkalbers but you only needed one :) . I wish Ilive in your area oakhill those prices in the US seem to be much nicer than here in Canada.
  4. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

True Windmill all it takes is one, I got lucky the guy new exactly what he wanted, and I had just put on a new cutting edge so that helped.
  5. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Oakhill, don't let them kid you, it's only worth $25... and I will be right down to get it... :D Just kidding, the best way I would think is to find out what others are asking in your area, and at the dealers. It will give you a good idea when you see what others have, and at what cost. You could also check with the dealer and see if they would sell it on a deal that they would get the cost of the install if needed, or just a bit of markup. Just some thoughts, Good luck.
  6. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Maybe you can use this as a comparision. I sold an older cable style Western 8 ft. the plow was 20 years old, worked just fine, the moldboard was solid, just minor surface rust, for $1000. And that was on the first guy that looked at it.

7. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

25 dollars!? I will give you a call if I don't sell it before I retire. I am in no hurry to sell it so I will wait until the best price, but I wasn't sure what to mark it at. One Boss dealer I talked to said he would look at it and maybe take it in trade but who knows what they would give me for it. Another dealer in the area said he doesn't take trades. I guess I am better off selling out right anyway. Plows expensive in Canada? I know the greeting cards are about a buck more. Most books too. I figured around $1800.00 but I deffinatly didn't want to get less than half for it. I paid $3000.00 for it and I have only had it 3 seasons as soon as this one is over. So it is in great shape but I suppose it is pretty much obsolete now with all the new technology. I installed it myself, electrical and undercarrige so I will take it back off my self. All the buyer has to do is pick it up and have it installed or install it themselves.
  8. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I would say somewhere between $1500-$2000.
  9. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

since im in CT.that plow would go for 1900 to 2400 pending how good it looks.i sold a western 8ft 15 year old plow for 1200 last year