1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Value of this plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Adcaplan8, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Adcaplan8

Adcaplan8 Junior Member

Looking into buying this truck with the plow. Truck is a rust bucket junker but I want to transfer the plow to my other truck. What is this plow actually worth? Saw it for 5k new online but couldn't find any used prices that were current. Thanks. Info is it's an 8ft Fischer stainless steel X-Blade plow. That's about all I know. Condition didn't look great. Look at the pictures and let me know what you think.
    Edit: Having trouble posting pictures from iPad. They will be posted shortly.
    Images here --> https://imgur.com/a/QX1ez

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

~ $2,500.00 assuming it's in pretty good shape.

3. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

Buff's in the range, I believe, depending on how / if the plow works or not.

You could, in theory, buy the truck, take off the plow stuff, disassemble the truck, and make all your money back in selling the parts (if all is in good shape) scrapping the stuff that isn't...

Or at least most of your money back....Thumbs Up

4. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

I would think 2-3 as well depending on condition.

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

What they said^

6. Adcaplan8

Adcaplan8 Junior Member

Thanks for the responses. My buddy wants 3k for the truck, has a few good parts that aren't rusted/torn like the bench seat, wheels and tires, and front and rear axels. Figure I can unload the axels to some guys doing rock crawling. Seems like I can get my money out of it.

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

You should make oot pretty good on that deal.

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Hell id buy it for 3k w/ plow

9. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

I'd be all over that deal. Then just fix a few things on that truck and plow with it. If you decide to pass let me know.

10. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Sorry bud, but you are in the wrong section. The commercial forum of the website is for people who plow for money and tell the government about it and run legitimate businesses.

I'm talking to the website moderator to see if we can start a section of the website for illegal operators.

:salute::laughing:

11. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

hahahaha, love it

12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Thumbs UpThumbs Up

13. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Perfect!Thumbs UpThumbs Up

14. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

I must have missed something???

15. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

16. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

What a read. Worst thing is, I was even worse at his age. Aboot 23 years ago. Good thing though, life has a way of fixing ya.
    He'll figure it out.

17. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

It was quite entertaining. A couple of LOL moments. One was the "bigger aspirations" comment.