1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Value of an Ultramount set-up

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by SnowMatt13, Dec 30, 2009.

1. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Truck side only.
    Fits 1500 from 99-07 (Chevy)
    Comes complete with controller.
    Not in the best shape, may need some help.
    Guy wants $300 for it.....

Good deal or not??
    Not a clue on this, I only know unimount stuff

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Good deal, yes

3. sflem849

sflem849 Member

Not too bad of a deal. The truck side harness is about $150 new. The mount is about $500 new. Not sure what the truck side battery cable stuff is new. Probably right around that $150 mark. With that said, you will get a bundle of wires in a plastic grocery bag that may or may not be worth anything. The mount is worth almost that much and you should be able to salvage something out of the wires.

4. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Between the contoller and the mount it is well worth that.

5. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the input. I figured the price on the controller. Just didn't know what the mount was worth. I am assuming that the wires are as bad as can be and if they're better and work when they are hooked up then bonus for me...

6. sflem849

sflem849 Member

He never said what controller it was so I figured worst case scenario of joystick, but they are still worth decent money.