1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Value of a used snow plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jjcap02703, Jul 1, 2009.

1. jjcap02703

jjcap02703 Junior Member

I am selling one of my trucks that has a Fisher 8' HD plow. It is nine years old with moderate use. No problems with it, just don't need two trucks anymore. What is the plow worth as added on to the truck value?

2. antanddom

antanddom Member

I say in good shape around $1100-1500 thats what they are selling for on craigslist

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

In MA and RI it kinda hurts the value of the truck.

But it also depends on the truck. If you have it on a loaded up a 3/4 gasser its going to hurt it a bit. It will really hurt it on a 1500. But if you have it on a 1 ton set up with a Diesel then it really doesnt hurt the value of truck and you can actually get extra loot for it. Also reg cab and Quad cab come into play. They hurt value of bigger cab trucks But since you said it was a 9 year old plow its more than likely a rust bucket like 90% of the old MM1 with paint issues. So please list the truck and you can get better anwers

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  4. BigDave12768

He wants to know extra value. in MA they hurt value of some trucks

5. antanddom

antanddom Member

very true bigdave

6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I never sell trucks with the plows on. Take it off, be honest that the truck was used to plow but list the plow seperate. Always works out for me.

7. jjcap02703

jjcap02703 Junior Member

Thanks!

Thanks for the info everyone. The person interested in the truck knows I used it for plowing also and wants the plow also. The 8' plow I have on it is too heavy for my 1/2 ton truck I am keeping. Again thanks for the info.

8. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I would say $1000 then if its in good shape and working.

9. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

A Good "older plow truck" That at least runs, moves and could be used at least to plow a long private drive without being put on road is worth at least $1500.00. An older blade by itself in ok shape with all of the original mounting parts for a specific truck is is at least
    $850.00 to $1000.00

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I think it's worth at least a grand, considering it's already on the truck and the buyer can see that everything functions properly. If it's in decent shape, honestly it's probably worth closer to 2 grand.

11. BigDave12768

Not for nothing but his question cant be answered in this forum. First off he never said type of truck. He never posted pictures of truck. But to say a plow will value a truck 1k to 2k is wrong. Like I pointed out in a earlier post it has alot to do with what it is hanging off. Also keep in mind that a truck with a 10k book value is not worth 11k-12k becuase it has a plow on it. Most people will pass over a truck that has plow becuase of the extra wear and tear it puts on a truck. So like a pointed out before a loaded up gasser with leather interior and all the toys will take a hit if it has plow hanging off it. More than likely that truck has turned into a rattle box. He didnt give enough info

12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

He said the guy wants the truck and plow. It's worth something. It would cost the guy at least a grand to put a plow on different truck.

13. BigDave12768

As long as he takes into consideration that the plow on it devauled the truck

14. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Her when I looked at trading a truck, same price with/without plow on trade. So in deaers eyes the plow wasn't worth anything. They were also A#$hol#s so I never ended up buying the new truck. They only offered 12K for the trade on a 2 yr old 2500 HD with 15K miles (still under factory waranty), not a ding in it. Any scrath was light in clear only (a good wax, & gone). Was looking at a 3500 dump, when I asked why it was 3K higher than any other I had seen, they hung up on me ? WTF I guess they wanted to sell that truck, huh ?