1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

value of a 1994 diesel?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by duramax-king, Jan 12, 2010.

1. duramax-king

duramax-king Senior Member

ok so i'm currently looking at a dodge ram 2500 4x4 diesel reg cab long box, 227,000kms...... but the down side, body is pretty rusted. What do you think a truck like this is worth ?

2. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

auto or manual? how's the interior? I'd say somewhere around 5,000

3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

3-5 grand your paying for the motor

4. duramax-king

it's a auto and a tad less...interior is basic .

5. duramax-king

ok well the guys looking to get 2500 out of it.... but it's 5 hours away, will probally go and pick it up saturday

6. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

7. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

sounds like a deal

you can check for codes if there are any problems

put the key in... on off on off on and look where the odometer reading is... it will post any error codes... you can look them up. might want to print the codes out before hand... go look and then if there are any you can look them up onsite.

if its something that comes up you might even get it for less.
    94 would be the 12v cummins. correct?

8. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

fer sure

it's the motor that started the diesel revolution

9. sno commander

from ct

you cant get codes on those, the dash isn't digital. everything is mehanical no computers to go wrong. thats a good deal id through a goerend transmission in it and put it to work. :redbounce

10. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

He is right the digital odometer started in 1998 before that there would be no way to check the codes.
    For $2500.00 it could be a beat up pile as long as it runs and drives good it's well worth that!

11. duramax-king

talked to the guy today and , i'm going to pick it up on saturday.i'm probally gonna fix her up and put a nice fisher on it.only problem is that i don't kno if she'll make it the 500km journey?

12. sno commander

from ct

have you driven it yet?

13. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

$2500 seems like a fair deal....5 spd would be worth a little more

14. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

the on & off is how you check codes manually-I do it on my 95 dodge. Count how many flashes- haynes manual descrbes how to do it

15. duramax-king

what are some things to look out for?

16. sno commander

from ct

smell the atf, see if it smells burnt. front end may need a little tlc. no other issues really exept killer dowel pin but you cant see if thats been covered unless you pull the timing cover off.. there is a small percent of failures so i wouldnt sweat it. also look at the front spring cups sometimes they like to rot. check the frame good for rot too. overall good trucks

17. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Make it home................:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Trust me even pulling a trailer with 4 flat tires she will get home. The only true issues with this era truck are the trans and front ends. The engine will outlast 3 bodies... a good friend has a 95 with almost 800km on it another with a 97 with 1.200 km on it, see a pattern deveoping.

Start looking for a nice 2wd 1500 for parts. Body and interior. Welcome to the Cummins club!!!

18. sno commander

from ct

so did you buy it? i see a dodge in the backround in your ad in the used section but i didn't want to post anything in your selling thread about it. if you bought it we need pictures :drinkup:

19. duramax-king

didn't buy it:( turn's out , body was very rusty and the guy said it's basicly a parts truck. so i decided not to even take the 10 hour trip. the dodge in the pic is my friends truck,it's a V10 tho, good truck just really bad on gas. looking at a 1999 gmc sierra 2500 6.5 turbo ext.cab right now, 160000kms guy wants 2500, Body is mint on that one and frame is also mint.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  20. duramax-king