1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Value of 1997 K3500 Dump w/ Plow!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by exmark1, Feb 22, 2008.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I am looking at buying a 1997 Chevy K 3500 dump truck. It has an electric/hydraulic hoist for the box I would say it's a 10' maybe 12' box in good shape (no rust), includes a Western uni-mount straight blade 8'6" or 9' he wasn't sure also in good shape some missing paint but still nice!

The truck has 125,000 miles, 350 Vortec, Automatic Transmission, It is a 4x4 with 6 newer tires! Runs great, the only thing it needs is rear brake lines (they are rusted off and leaking, and a solenoid for the hoist to make the box lift.
    The body is clean with some minor surface rust on the bottom of the doors, no dents or any other body work needed!

The interior is clean, the only downside being it's a Cheyanne so it has no A/C and manual locks and windows.

What is something like this worth? The owner passed away and the family is looking to sell the truck as it sits!

Any feedback would be appreciated! I maybe able to get some pictures on Monday 2-25

2. exmark1

Anyone?...

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I would guess since it needs a little work and being a Cheyenne, maybe between 6-7 grand?

4. exmark1

He was looking to get $8,000 or Best Offer after it was fixed. He told me $6500.00 as it sits, I think I could get it for $6000.00 maybe a little less!

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I would give him say 5500 cash and fix it up the way you want it and still save a few grand

6. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

tell me where its at lol. That's a damn good price. Here that would go for 10k.

7. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

It isnt worth anything IMO. If I were you I would walk away prsport. Give me his number so I can tell him his truck is a POS ;)

Seriously though I would say $5-5500 would be fair for both parties. 12' box would be big for a 1 ton. Do you have any pics yet?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  8. exmark1

I went to look at it today and forgot the camera at home. It's only a 10' box and it's a 1996 model truck. The underside (frame) has a good amount of rust as it was a landscapers truck in Medina, MN since new before he bought it 2 years ago to use it for a small home improvement company.

9. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Did you make an offer? What do you think it is worth?

10. exmark1

He is asking $6500.00 for it, I offered $5500.00! The owners had a loan out on it, he was going to see what they owe and get back to me tomarrow.