1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

valence issues

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MJ Sego, Dec 1, 2010.

1. MJ Sego

MJ Sego Junior Member

got my plow mounted up to my 2010 GMC 2500...very disapointed about having to cut out so much of the valence. was there any other options that dont require that to be done?

2. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

Either cut it or take it off looks better with it on then off even though its cut up

3. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Yes there is one route that you can take which in my opinion is a very good move. Take the truck back to the GMC dealer, give it back, drive to the closest ford dealer, and pick up an F-Series :laughing: Dont have a cut it at all on these trucks lol Just kidding there is nothing wrong with the GMCs or chevys i just couldnt resist.

4. MJ Sego

MJ Sego Junior Member

thanks for your opinion ....hell I didnt know Fords could move snow ..lol Ill keep what I have Im just gonna buy another valence and when the season is over Ill put it on. Thanks good luck!!!!

5. MJ Sego

MJ Sego Junior Member

Yeah your rite it does look better on there even though its cut up a little. I think Im gonna buy another valence and when the season is over Ill put it on there. Thanks for your response!!

6. Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn Member

The boss dealer told me if I put a leveling kit in the truck no cutting

7. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

true statement farmer, the factory stance requries them to have the push beam up pretty far thus cutting the valance

8. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Had to cut 3/4 on my Dodge.
    I didnt care,plow is on and looks great just the way it is.
    Plow on or off, its all good

9. jimchris

jimchris Member

On my 2011 F350 I had to remove it or cut it, I removed it for now. I even have a 2" leveling kit on. I may start cutting on it to see if it looks better on.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010