1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vacuum Sweeper

Discussion in 'Sweeper Forum' started by Mick76, May 17, 2010.

1. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Anyone ever use one of those truck mounted "vacuum sweepers"? How do they work and whats a good brand?

2. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Hi Mick,

The slide in version(back of pick-up bed) or fixed to chassis?
    If your looking to pick-up light litter, the vacuum is the way to go, the same machines in parking lots nighttime hours; I wouldn't recommend. They do make heavier vacuum versions for sand pick-up/construction site clean up. They do a great job, but more time compared to a mechanical sweeper.
    Hope this was helpful, any other please pm..thanks
  3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Vacuums pick up loose trash really well but they don't do a great job of sucking up sand. If you're going to be doing areas that are heavily soiled you will need a true "sweeper".

As far as brand names, the only ones I've used have been made by Tennant.
  4. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the replies guys..... for the amount of $ people are getting off of weekly sweeps, I'll just sub it out........