1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Vacuum Magnet mounted lights....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 440trk, Mar 6, 2005.

1. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

I have a 15" Signal Stat dual rotator, and I'm considering (temporarily) putting the vacuum magnet mounts on it. I'm curious how well they hold. Will I have to remove the light for highway travel?
    Any help would be appreciated!

P.S. I am going to make a permanent bolt on mount for the light in the future...but would like to have a transferable mounting system that would work on multiple vehicles if needed.
  2. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

I have a ECCO 15" light bar with the vac/mag mount. So far no problems with it moving while going down the road. They also have a decal on the lens saying it is rated for 65 mph. One of the guys who works for my dad also has one and he told me it never moved once while being on the high way or getting hit by a tree. Hope this helps.
  3. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

My Signal Stat appears to be an ECCO replica, so I'm guessing it should hold about as well.

Appreciate the response!

CASMEDIC Junior Member

I used to have the Code 3 420 amber mini-bar with the suction mount. It says it'll hold up to 65mph. I had it over 80mph with no problem. The only thing I did't like was that you had to make sure the roof was clean so it could make a good seal. I'd say go for it.