1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

vacation

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowking35, Aug 4, 2001.

1. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

See all you guys when I get back from vaca. 8-5-01/8-11/01
    I am going up Geoffs way in Maine.
    Dino

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

If you get a chance and can let me know you're coming, stop by. I'm half way between Augusta and Belfast on RTE 3.

3. plowking35

from SE CT

Mick call me on my cell phone see number in private message anytime after 10 am. I will be getting off at the Newport exit, so as long as you are before that exit, maybe we can have lunch or a snack.
    Thanks
    Dino

Last edited: Aug 5, 2001
  4. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Have fun Dino!

Will talk to you when you get back.

Jeff

5. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Enjoy your vacation Dino, be "talking" to you when you're back! :cool:

6. plowking35

from SE CT

Well I am back, and it seems it was a good week to be away. To hot to work down here. Spent the week on lake Sebec, and Joe Mary lake. All was great until thursday at 5.30 pm, when while tubing I feel off one tube and landed on the tube next to me, foot got tangled in that tow rope, and dragged me until the 3" carabiner hook used to attach the tow rope to the tube got lodged in the back of my knee. Very painfull, but missed all the ligaments and tendons, Meerely a flesh wound that will take a week or so to heal. Only 4 stitches.
    Anyway still would rather have a hook in my leg than to work in 100 degree + weather.
    See you all at the lake.
    I went to Maine and got hooked on tubing.
    Dino

7. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

See? You guys and your dangerous sports, I don't know.......................... That risky stuff isn't for me! ;)

Only joking Dino, good to hear you're back & had a good time. Bad news about your knee though, hope everything knits up OK.

I hear you on the "too hot to work down here", I was lucky enough to be on an evening shift last week. That sure helped.

Welcome back!

8. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

OUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Sorry to hear about your accident!

JCurtis

9. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

Boy its a good thing you dont do the real dangerous sports like fishin.Sorry to here about the knee
    John Parker
    Taconic Maintenance Inc

10. plowking35

from SE CT

Funny thing about the fishing comment. My buddy says he landed a 185# 6' sucker fish.
    Also the EMS people when they reached the boat landing, thought they had a drunk with a fish hook in his toe. When the EMS saw the "HOOK" he said oucccccccccccccch, sucks to be you ehh.
    Dino

11. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

Wish i had a picture of what you did.I have gone tubing thousands of times behind a boat and i am a beached whale.How a guy of your size Dino can get hooked after 1 time tubing is beyond me.The next time i see you you gotta explain this again to me because i cant visualize such a predicament
    John P

12. plowking35

from SE CT

My pain medication wont last long enough to type the incident all out, so I will call you with the grusome details. I want to see how you made out with the plow install anyway. Besides its easier to flip us light guys out than the whales.
    Dino