1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V70 Lift Adjustment

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dt5150, Feb 6, 2014.

1. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

is it possible to tweak the v70 pump to gain a couple more inches of lift?

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I have never worked any meyer with v70 but if you are not hitting the stacking stops shorten the chains. If you are hitting the stacking stops not much you can do about it. I don't recommend removing stacking stops.

3. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

thanks kimber. i don't think i'm hitting the stacking stops when fully raised, the blade will go higher than fully raised when i stack.

4. kimber750

Most blades will go up more when stacking even if the are against the stacking stops. It is just taking up the slop in pivot points and the mount.

5. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

thanks, i'll investigate some more.

6. kimber750

What plow and what truck, how much does the plow sag the front end of the truck?

7. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

it's a meyer super-v ld mounted on a nissan titan. not much sag at all really.. i've got a leveling kit and timbrens on the truck. when i look at it in the raised position, it just doesn't look like it's as high as it should be.

8. kimber750

How do you like the LD? Post some pics of it. Running any ballast? Ballast can help keep the front of the truck up.

9. dt5150

dt5150 Senior Member
    from NH

so far i'm loving it, but i've only used it for one storm. just got it a couple weeks ago. i'm 350 lbs worth of sand bags in the bed for ballast. i put some pics in a thread i started in the import trucks section.