1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V10 normal operating tempature

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 2003ctd, Oct 25, 2009.

1. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

Does anyone know what the normal operating temperature of a 1999 Ram V 10 should be? Mine seems to run really low, replaced the thermostat today and it didn't do anything

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 2002 Ram 2500 V10. It always seems to run only about 1/4 of the way up the gauge... between 100 and 210. If you run the truck with a scan tool on it, it shows that it's running 190-195, which is normal. I replaced the thermostat last year when we had the cylinder heads off... $82.00 for the t-stat at the dealer. :eek:

3. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

$82.00 !!!!!! I just paid $21.00 at o'reilly!!! Mine runs the same temperature as yours it sounds like, it just seems really to cold and the heat isn't that great either....

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I know... it's a friggin goofy looking t-stat. I was getting other parts at the dealer, so I told them to give me a t-stat. I got back to the shop and looked at the invoice, I almost fell over.

The heat cranks in my truck, so maybe you do have an issue where it's running cool??