1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V10 Excursion suspension needs a little help

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gotsnow?, Feb 25, 2009.

1. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

I just mounted my 7.5' Western Unimount on my 2002 Excursion w/ the V10 and when the plow is lifted the bump stops are bottoming out.... :realmad: Any ideas?? The front suspension is just a few leafs and the shock on each side, no coil spring... Is there some sort of add on coil spring I could add? Should I add add-a-leafs or air shocks that I can pump up? Which way would be the cheapest, yet most effective?
    Thanks, David - gotsnow?
  2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Timberens are most likely your cheapest solution
  3. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Call me nieve or uneducated on the subject, but what are timbrens and how do timbrens work?
  4. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

This should help answer your questions

The basic just id that you remove the bump stop and replace it with the timberen. It's a chunk of rubber that does not allow the truck to bottom out on the bump stop but on the timberen and it boosts the front end weight capacity.
  5. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

Get a set of airbags for the front. That's all I did with my 00 X V10.
  6. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

I would get a set of X-Code springs from Powerstrokeshop.com. Thats what I did and they are great. Just under $400.00 with new u-bolts and nuts. I changed them myself. I then added Timbrens and the ride SUCKS. It does carry the Blizzard 810 good but they will be coming off as soon as the snow season is over. I have not decided if I will add air bags or reinstall the Timbrens next year.

Here are the part numbers for the X-Code springs:

(2) 2C3Z-5310-AF Springs

(4) F81Z-5705-ZA U-Bolts

(8) N805480-S426 Nut
  7. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Timbrens don't "usually help coil springs" They are made for leafs and work great.
  9. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Well I just ordered a set of Timbrens so I hope they help leafs.....
  10. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Timbrens have been on truck for about a month (sat on my workbench during the warmer months... had other projects going on). Front end doesn't sag nearly as bad! A little drop when I lift the plow, but only maybe 2". The overall ride is much smoother then before too. Thank you for the suggestion guys!