1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V10 Cold Air Induction

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by V10SCOTTY, Feb 9, 2005.

1. V10SCOTTY

V10SCOTTY Member
    from Ontario

Ok I have a cold air induction on my 1998 Ram v10 if anybody would like to get their hands on one i got mine from AUTOBARN.COM.It is a k&N kit and installs in no time.It was around $400 canadian.I have saved a little fuel the throttle response is much better and intake noise is very cool sounding.The only extra tool I needed was an 1 1/4 hole saw.the rest of the tools are mostly your metric wrenches and sockets.Its only to make a hole for the air pump intake.You will be removing your air pump muffler if yours is equiped with one.Just thought I would tell you about the hole saw before you take your truck apart and then get to that part in the directions In case your like me and get to excited to put your new parts on and don't totally go through the directions before you tear into your truck.This is a perfect opportunity to clean your throttle body because you will have the throttle body pretty much off.Clean that TPS while your in there too.They do send very good directions with pictures and a Dyno sheet I forget what they claim you gain in HP.OK happy gas guzzling. :drinkup:

1998 Dodge Ram 2500 ext. cab 4X4 V10
    2004 Western Star tri-axle dump Mercedes 450hp