1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V XT question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by wastedwages, Feb 25, 2011.

1. wastedwages

wastedwages Junior Member

I'm the type of person who wants what I want even if it makes others go WTF.

The rest of the story---- I would like a boss V XT with a stainless steel moldboard.

Is there any reason why I could not find a poly strip the poly off and fabricate stainless steel moldboards and bolt them on.

I manage a place where I have the capability to laser, form, roll and fabricate just about anything I need so that would not be an issue.

So your thoughts, besides this guy is a fricken nut case?

2. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

Yes! I thought I was the only one.... I love fishers stainless Xtreme V, awesome looking plow, just not a fan of fishers :/ A VXT would look amazing in SS. Not to mention, never having to repaint or worry about rust and the fact that snow wont stick to it.

3. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

That would be just plain cool............go for it.

4. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Do it! Thumbs Up:mechanic:

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's a piece of cake. I've converted many poly's to stainless over the years, toughest part is punching the square holes. Not just anybody can punch a square in stainless.

Be sure to shim the excess gap to make up the difference in material thickness.

6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Eh, I wouldn't.

Poly will never, ever rust. The backing might, but the mold itself will not. Stainless will.

7. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

That would be cool

8. Kwise

Kwise Senior Member

What's wrong with the poly boards?

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Do it. And post pic of the entire process.

10. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Its just a matter of time before Boss does this themselves........................... I wont be surprised to see it on the 2012s..................
    If you have access to that sorta horsepower at work and you want them now and have the $$$$$$$$ just do it and have the only one around ............... it will most certainly attract alot of attention; and you will be upholding your reputation!

11. Hegartydirtwork

Hegartydirtwork Senior Member

While you are in the mood to convert Boss v's build me a trip edge Boss V !