1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V XT Complaints

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by hotshot4819, Dec 15, 2007.

1. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

hey guys, i like the plow dont get me wrong. however, is anyone else having issues with it dropping a couple inches while transporting to differint locations. ive brought it to the dealer multiple times, and they say its fine. also, are the smart locks suppoed to allow the wings to fold in when piling snow? i thought they wernt suppoed to???? let me know

2. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

I run a V not an XT but either way your plow should stay up and not drop at all. Sounds like a valve issue. Yes....your smart locks are suppose to do just that, LOCK the wings into position to a point. If your slaming into the pile hard the relief valve will open and collapse the ram. If its doing it with little effort than you have bad lockers.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong....................

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It definitely shouldn't be leaking down on it's own. And there's only three things that can be causing it..

The lift cylinder piston seal....
    A defective CV3 check valve...
    Or a leaking "lower" valve...

Non are too common on a Boss, but yours definitely has one of these three issues...

As to the wings retracting with a load on them.... do they both do it or just one?
    If it's always only one, then you have a weak pressure relief valve on that wing..
    If they both do it then your probably hitting the snow banks too hard....

The Smart Locks have absolutely nothing to do with locking the wings from retracting, they are for locking the wings from being pull forward when back dragging...

I think your dealer needs to spend a little more time with it and properly diagnose it...