1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V Position

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by HitchC&L, Apr 7, 2011.

1. HitchC&L

HitchC&L Member

I am looking at new truck that already has a fisher 8'6 EZ V on it.

When the plow is in V mode and dropped down, only the outside edges of the plow touch the ground, the middle is around 1" to 2" up (Cant remember off the top of my head, just took a few glances while looking at the truck)

Im assuming its not going to sit right in scoop mode as well

How can I fix this, is it something as easy as a quick adjustment?

Im not sure if Im going to even buy this truck, but I actually bought the same plow two months ago for my truck (same style truck Im looking at) and Im wondering if its going to do the same thing

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

plow mount or front suspention sit too low

3. PPP

PPP Member

I have the same plow new since 2005 on my F-250. It will never sit perfect or even come close. You can download the manual from Fishers Website. You can make it better but it will never truly be perfect. The surface you are plowing is never going to be perfectly flat. There will always be some irregularities. Also remember throughout the winter the ballast in the back of your truck may change depending on what you are carrying such as a sander full or empty this will change the geometry of the approach angle. They do an excellent job regardless. You can try urethane edges perhaps to squeegee the irregularities. They do eat cutting edges more then a straight blade. I purchase extras from one of the sponsors CPW (I use steel). I do alot of commercial plowing with mine as a clean up and intersection truck. I have gone through 15 sets of cutting edges since new and its never been a problem. My only problem has been that center rubber piece and the two metal brackets that hold it in place. Buy an extra set and keep re-welding them when you replace the rubber center.(once you change the rubber edge once you'll know what I'm talking about.) I seem to go through 2-3 center rubber edges to one set of metal cutting edges. I have also added a set of pro wings and they have worked out awesome.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

When you go to set the blade, make sure you have your normal plowing ballast in the truck. Myself and others have had trouble keeping the four 3/4 inch bolts that connect the T-frame to the push assembly tight. I had the best luck using fine thread bolts and double nuts.