1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Dave1250, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Dave1250

Dave1250 Member

Hi all just heard that the Fisher XTheme V blades were having problem with the center pin ? I did not receive a notice that it was a problem . At the fair a salesman told me that to get it change before it breaks . Did anyone here about this ? Thanks
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The XV plows do/did indeed have center pin. The newest pin is a hardened pin. Mine was replaced under warranty with the new one near the end of last season. Do some searching or browsing on the Fisher forum.

Fisher is not broadcasting there is a problem by any means.

My "speculation" is that Fisher is encouraging dealers to push back on claims for sloppy pins. I presume you have an XV. If it's less than two years old, take it to your dealer and complain that there is too much play in the wings.
  3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Ya I called up my dealer... if its a silver pin your ok but if its a tan/bronze one you should replace it (theres also # on top of the pins for reference also)... their only like $20 so no big deal... I'll be carrying one as a spare just in case....
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You, me, everyone else I know with an XV
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

So you're saving your transmission but breaking the center pin?

Should have gone with a Dodge Cummings Diesel and a Boss.

Pretty sure Dean wouldn't have run his business in this manner.
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

No, I broke the transmission too!

Nxt tim its' Cummings nd Bosch 4 mee.