1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sgoalie23, Jan 30, 2005.

1. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 Member

What are some pros and cons of a V-Plow vs. a Straight plow.
  2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Oh God, here we go.....
  3. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

That helps out a quite a bit.

sgoalie, Do a search and you will find this topic has been discussed many times. You will find a quite a bit of reading on the topic..
  4. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

It cost me $600 more for a V over a straight. A v plow is a straight blade plus it can V and scoop. Your getting three plows in one.
  5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you have any large lots to do then a V is a great help. If you are only doing houses then get a straight blade. The scoop position will save you a lot of time on commercial lots. A straight blade with wings or sides is also a great option. I have all 3 of these and have used them all. If I could only have one I would take the straight blade and put sides on it.
  6. Pete7

Pete7 Member

I have never used a v but am considering one. What is the disadvantage to the v if you are only doing driveways? Is it just the extra $$? I am having trouble understanding why to not buy the v. I currently only do driveways but am planning on buying the v to leave my options open. I am just curious why alot of folks say to buy a straight blade if you only do drives, the extra expense seems to be the only downside.
    As a side note at this point I am leaning towards the v sno way, the dps feature seems really helpful. ANy thoughts?
  7. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I have a large driveway and the last storm we got I plowed 20" with 4' drifts. The V is good for breaking into driveways. I also use the scoop to scoop snow away from garage doors when I can. Its a couple bucks more and you get three plows in one!! payup