1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v - plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tru cut, Mar 16, 2000.

1. tru cut

tru cut PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a fisher v , this is dthe first plow i have owned and have a few questions <br>1, i got it used and it does not have a cutting edge on it. i have been keeping a close eye on the wear and still have 1&quot; befor hitting the spring brace. should i go to the bottom of the brace?<br>2,if i want to a urathane edge on next year do i need wear a steel edge in first or can i get some 1/2 or 3/4 flat stock. How wide?<br>3, fluid leeks out of the plastic cover on the bottom of the pump not a lot just a few drips here and their.i took the cover off and saw the silanoids do theis have o rings on them ? why might thay be leaking?<br>4, no one sells fisher fluid around me but all the auto parts stock weastern and myers can i use i of them or order a case of fisher<p> thanks<p>----------<br>Todd <br>
  2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Todd Get a cutting edge soon, and buy one from Dino. Once my steel ones are gone i will go to the new type, unless i get a really good price on steel ones.<p>For fluid, go to www.centralparts.com, they should be able to set ya right up.<p>Geoff<br>
  3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

No do not wait, install a steel or urethane edge soon. Big $$$$ for that trip edge.<br>Flat stock will do fine, my guess is that 1/4 x 3&quot; will be fine. The edge I recommend is 1.5&quot; x8. plowking35@aol.com for pricing<br>They do have o rings, but I see most units leak from the fittings into the valve block.<br>Be carefull with teflon or thread sealers because if small bits get inot the system you will be chasing them forever.<br>Wetsern and fisher hdro systems are identical so feel free to use wetern fluid. If you are not in a severe cold climate ATF fluid will do fine, if you are in a severe cold climate then the western fluid.<br>Dino <p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org