1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SlimJim Z71, Dec 17, 2000.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I was just checkin out the various web-sites of plow mfgr's, and I was mainly looking at Fishers. What's the deal with the chains???

Also, anyone in here using a Boss plow with the SmartHitch deal? Is it really as easy as it sounds?

-Tim

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Tim, I'm not sure if this is what you mean't but the chains lift the plow and are used as a safety device. If your plow breaks down and you need to get home you can jack up the plow and shorten the chain .

3. SlimJim Z71

I thought I saw about 3-chains on that thing. I'm only used to seeing one. Just looked a little out of place at first.

-Tim

4. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

It actually is just two. One chain is attached to both sides of the A- frame and loops thru a center hook on the lift arm. Hope this helps.

5. SlimJim Z71

Thanks. Was just curious...

-Tim

6. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Smart Hitch on 9'2' Boss V

You would'nt beleive how easy this thing is. They say you can get it on your truck in about 35 seconds. I'm a newbie and my fastest time is 26 seconds. My kid can put this thing on my truck if I would let her near it while I'm operating, but I don't.You guys are right about it tripping funny,though.I've had that thing standing on it's point, just like it's namesake, a big V!Boss has to be one of the toughest plows made. Good for a rookie like me to start out on.

7. SlimJim Z71

This lot I'm doing (www.motorwerks.com), it would be REALLY nice to have a V-plow. Maybe next year if I can afford it, as well as a bigger truck...

-Tim