1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Plowing Drifts and Skid Pusher Video

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 4x4Farmer, Mar 20, 2013.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Nice Video. That was a lot of snow.

3. snopushin ford

snopushin ford Senior Member
    from mass

Thats a sweet vid. You got to love that wind packed snow, and your showing what a V plow is for.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

that track skid was moving a ton of snow!!!!!

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That skid steer is getting it done! Talk about productivity Thumbs Up

6. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Looks like that tracked skid loader plows great! How do you like plowing with tracks? I have heard you shouldn't plow with tracks, I'm not sure why, but that thing is a tank in the snow!

7. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice video looks like it should be in a boss ad

8. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

Nothing better then gettin' sideways while your bustin' drifts...

9. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Yes the track skid is a tank! We switched from the square pad tracks to a bar track and now it is unstopable. I love the boss v. Been running them for years and would never switch. Im always a little nevious plowing in the v position though. You know what happens when you hit something in v! Ouch!

10. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Great videos, well done. The skid pushed awesome. One thing I didn't like about the tracked skid was how much snow the tracks pulled back out of the pile. That would drive me crazy.

11. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Yeah the tracks do pull a lot out of the pile. I just go up to the pile on my last pass or two and leve the pusher on the ground and dont drive into the pile.

12. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

great video!

13. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice video, just surprised by the small amount of snow that stopped the truck. Do you not have any weight in the back?

14. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I knew someone was going to comment on that lol. It had melted some on a nice day and refroze so it was glare ice underneath. Yes i have 1000 pounds of tractor weights right on top of the rear axle.

15. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I could see that you were fish-tailing, just surprised that you weren't able to make it through.

16. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

I was just going to suggest that you aren't rough with your equipment. I know I baby my truck in all conditions. plowing snow or not.

17. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

it looks friggen cold up there

18. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Fixed it for ya.

19. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

Awesome!!!

20. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I know what you mean. I'm not afraid to get after it if I have some deep snow to plow and give her some Rs but when it comes to the first pass in the V position I am always very careful. I mean yeah...had it been your normal joe blow dont give a crap guy I could have easily gotten through that drift in one pass but on the other hand I will just take it easy and back up once to make the first pass. Of course now with that said you will have guys say that its more ware on your tranny cause you shifted from forward to reverse one more extra time out of the thousands of times that happens in a night! lol They don't trip real well in that position and I've seen a lot of damaged plows from that over the years.