1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by milwaukeevtwin, Dec 20, 2009.

1. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

I finally got my truck up and running. I am new to a v plow. It is an Boss r-t-2 on an 89 2500. When pushing snow straight or in scoop mode, the left wing starts to fold into the truck. Any advice on this? The right side works fine.
    Thanks, Ron

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Weak or contaminated relief valve for the left wing. On a unit that old I'd recommend replacing it with a fresh one vs attempting to make any repairs to the old relief. Over time and use the internal springs weaken and/or break so a fresh one is the best approach.

3. milwaukeevtwin

valve

It looks like they are all the same. Are they? What one, would it be? It looks like there are three?

4. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Should be the center one is up/down. Unplug one on the left or right then try to use the plow to see which one it effected.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Wing relief valve, Boss p/n HYD01639.

RT2 manifold-1.jpg

6. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Welcome to the boss fan club

7. milwaukeevtwin

Boss

Thanks, I have a little advantage on the Boss plows. My father in law builds the hydraulics for them. I think they are a well built plow and will last for a long time, if properly maintained.
    Thanks, Ron