1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CT18fireman, Jan 31, 2002.

1. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

2. GLS

GLS Senior Member

What else would you do besides plow?

MDDMAX Member

I have heard of people using them for light grading, I know know how/why but I have heard it. I don't know what else you would do with it, maybe a battering ram???

4. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Used for pushing fallen tree branches out of the road durring an ice storm.
  5. wolfie

wolfie Senior Member

I think what they meant is that the truck was only used for plowing by the County and that's why it has low mileage... this is just a guess because it's hard to tell by the way it's worded...
  6. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

It's a Western pump, but looks like no Western V I've ever seen

Looks to me like a full blade trip, but the only way I see it being able to trip is in the straight position. I don't see how it could trip in the scoop position:confused:

7. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Looks like a Western pump with a Boss blade.
  8. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Doesn't look like the Western MVP pump though. Looks like an old cable control to me. (in cab pick) How would that work the V?
  9. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

This truck has been on Ebay before,I wondered the same thing.It looks like a factory V plow,buti didnt knwo western made them then.I wonder how the cable pump setup works with e extra valving of the V?