1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by steve in Pa., Feb 24, 2004.

1. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

Picked up our newly installed v-plow today. looks great and hopefully we'll get some snow to use it! How much time can you consider cutting versus a straight blade? 8'6 western v:drinkup:

2. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I haven't ever pushed snow with a strait blade. I watch the other guy in town and figure I can clean a large lot in about 2/3 to 3/4 the time that it takes him with a strait blade. Don't get me wrong, I believe that strait blades have their place but I see where I can clean up windrows or piles alot faster than he can. I have a 9'2" Boss poly V and wouldn't trade it before the wife went.

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

v plows are good for punching heavy wet snow drifts

4. boba

boba Senior Member

Started using a V plow in 1990. Great for opening up ends of driveways, first push up steep long drives and for cleaning up lots. I use a Fisher 8.6 on a 350 pickup and a Boss 9.2 on a 350 dump.

I would never use a straight blade again.

5. Sidebuz

Sidebuz Member

I have saved 10-30% on my time this year. Depends on the project size. Had a 8.5 straight, now a 8'2" Boss V. Will never go back. The ability to puch thru drifts, then use the scoop position to clean up, and do everything else in between... incrediable! It will take you about 2 snow events to get use to it. After that, you will wonder why you didn't buy it earlier.

6. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Ya, the V is great. I went from an 8' straight blade to the Meyers 8'8" V. Can you say Increased Profits :)

7. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

You are the first person I ever heard of with a meyers v plow. How is it?I never heard to many good things about them.

8. chris k

chris k Senior Member

Fisher V here. Best money I've ever spent.

9. DuallyVette

DuallyVette Member

I love my Boss 9'2" V. Much better than my old straight plow. I'm sorry that I didn't spend the extra money when I bought the first plow.

10. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I agree with you on that one.:nod: I wish I would have bought a V in the first place. I'm going to get one this year though.:D

11. truszip

truszip Junior Member

Western V - plow owner here, love it! Glad I had it this year.

12. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

When the 2005 F250SD hit, I'll Have one with a 8.6 WESTERN V. I think in one snow I can save enough time to pay for it.

13. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Approx 20 percent savings in time...I would consider getting them if we got more snow here...Chuck