1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by guff1972, Feb 5, 2011.

1. guff1972

guff1972 Junior Member
    from kansas

Does anyone have any experience with the new Meyer V-plow. I currently have a Meyer
    MD2 7.5 foot and am thinking of upgrading to a vplow.

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

My boss uses one, a super v on his f250 diesel truck. Said he likes it better than the boss because of the trip edge. He has used the 9.6 and the 8.6 models, loves em both...and he can plow with anything we carry, he likes the Meyer best

3. guff1972

guff1972 Junior Member
    from kansas

Do you know if any of the componets from a MD2 system will work with a V-plow setup.

4. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

I too am considering upgrading to the new super V2, I was at the dealer the other day taking a look at one, maybe meyer has finally got it right, time will tell but everything on the V2 looks built very well, and for more than 1K less than the XVT.... The main reason I'm leaning towards the meyer over the boss is because of the trip edge

5. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

The main complaint my boss has with the Meyer is the speed...the boss hydraulics are very fast

6. jkski

jkski Member

Add one moreto the list of people who are planning to upgrade to the Meyer Super V2 for next season. I have not seen much feedback on these other than what I have read here, which seems positive other than the speed issue. Can anyone comment on the whether or not the plow leaves a center trail while puching in V mode? Does the trip edge kick as hard as the full trip blade (I would not think that it would)?
    I will be going from an EZ X-Press mount to this, so any difficulties with hooking it up?
    Thanks in advance and appreciate the feedback.

7. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Meyer uses a belt/rubber piece in the center and it works very well in scoop or vee position. The plow uses the ez plus mounting systems so its pretty simple

8. guff1972

guff1972 Junior Member
    from kansas

I was doing some research tonight at as near as I can tell if I was to purchase these 3 number's I would be set and could reuse some of my exisitng componets. The number are 09233, 13755, 15088. Is this correct?