1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V plow wont stay straight

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Theplower, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Theplower

Theplower Junior Member

I have a Fisher V plow I just got with a truck recently. I'm told the V plow is about a 98/99. The problem I have is when plowing or driving with the plow positioned as a straight blade, it over time drifts back into a V. I have heard that there is a way to "lock" the blades straight or to keep them from moving, but I am not sure what I need to press to do this. It has the fish stick controller.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Common problem for those plows. Fully disassembling the valve body and a thorough cleaning and replacing all seals would likely fix it. Or just keep hitting the scoop button every now and then. No way to "lock" them together by pushing buttons on the controller.