1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v plow wont move after 1week after fluid changed

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by sweetk30, Jan 23, 2007.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

changed fluid in v plow system and worked great for 1 week or so. now half way threw work today no work at all. frozen up. the fluid was changed with western plow oil for that plow.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When you changed the fluid did you find any water in the old fluid? How did you determine that it froze up? Just curious.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

well i got more info from customer at work. he said it wouldnt lift . but the chain took up the slack and that was it. he drove it 2 miles with it down. then just before he got to the shop it poped / banged / what ever and lifted up.

i played with it out in the lots and it never skiped a beat ever. and i ran all options on the blade. i even checked for green in the electrical plugs. none in there just lots of electric goop like thay are supost to have.

so i told him it might have been a rock in the piviot point or some fluke thing like a slight bad cirket contact at the plug. drive it till it does it again or i cant fix it. you know the old thretin it with the fix it man and now it aint broke rutine. :dizzy:

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Since it would pull the slack out of the chain, then the valves had to be working in order to direct the fluid to the lift ram.Sound's like it just didn't have enough hydraulic force to lift the plow.Probably due to a "stuck" pump relief valve. All it take's is a tiny piece of debris to hold the relief ball off it's seat, basically causing a hydraulic leak on the pressure side of the pump. The Western's need at least 1100psi of pressure just to lift the blade off the ground.