1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V plow wobbles when driving?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by alternative, Dec 1, 2005.

1. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

my boss 9'2 v wobbles from the center hinge a bit while driving in the v position. What is the problem , cause and solution. Thanks.

Also.. it used to run equal to scoop when i press the controler buttons , now only one goes at a time.

Its 5 years old and well maintained.

2. alternative

Hope its not serious..

3. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

Two things - look at the top holes in each wing - the 1/4" plate. Those holes will oval after a number of years. The stacked round blocks of the hinge are much thicker, and should hold you together.

Secondly, look at the 1" rods on the A-frame that mates to the lower hooks on the truck portion of the RT III mount. They get hammered from round to flat over time from pushing. That allows a bit of play in the mount as you drive. No big deal. If that's what you find it to be, you could build the 1" rods back to round with your welder if you have lots of time.....

4. alternative

Is this something to worry about..? will they fall off. or separate? just noticed and kinda worried i may be damaging plow... or is there a center hinge post that holds the two at the center? i thought maybe that is wearing.. but i do grease it pretty regularly

5. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

Nothing to worry about: drive 'er. Just do your regular circle checks to look for issues.

6. alternative

Hope its not BROKE

hope the wings arent wore out themselves... plow is only 6yrs old??