1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V plow will damage a 94 Chevy 3/4 ton?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by mikeglaser, Dec 12, 2009.

1. mikeglaser

mikeglaser Junior Member
    from alaska

I have a 94 Chevy 2500 pickup, and would like to put a good snowplow on it. I like the V plows, but most of the manufacturers' sites do not recommend an 880 lb V plow. Instead, they recommend a 720 lb straight blade. The guys at the dealers tell me different things, depending on who I talk to. Would the V plow damage my truck and under what circumstances? I have a long gravel driveway.
  2. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

A lot of guys will tell you you can run that set up no problem. Just need to install it yourself, or find someone who will ignore the manufacturer's spec. Some timbrens, t-bar adjustment, etc will go a long way in getting you there. There's a thread going in the boss forum I think about putting a pipe edge on a v for gravel. Do some searching on the forum here - lots of threads and good advice to be found.