1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V plow vs Snow Pusher which is better

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PatrickDD, Oct 9, 2014.

1. PatrickDD

PatrickDD Junior Member

Hi everyone just joined the site. This is my first post. I have been in the snow business for 3 years now and i am growing. I got some more jobs for this winter and just hired someone with a skid loader to help me. I have a bobcat S750 with a 8 ft bucket and a 10 ft snow pusher. I was looking to get something for my new hired hand. What would you get for a big gas station parking lots a 10 ft snow pusher or a 8 or 10 ft V plow? Thanks
  2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

3. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

How big are you talking about? If its many gas station sites it would be easier to do them with a pickup. Do you plan on trailering the Bobcat from site to site?
  4. PatrickDD

PatrickDD Junior Member

gas station size

We are going to trailer the bobcat. I'm fine with that. The gas station is more like a truck shop. It has big big open spaces more like a wal-mart parking lot just with a few pumps. so know what would you use
  5. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

I would use the bobcat and snow pusher
  6. PatrickDD

PatrickDD Junior Member

Thanks, that what i was thinking of using is a snow pusher!!! anybody else have any ideas??
  7. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Pusher, 10'
  8. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

Definitely a snow pusher especially with the fill caps and concrete to asphalt transitions at monist gas stations and truck stops those caps will bend a plow and the concrete is usually higher. I would suggest an arctic sectional snow pusher so that one section will hit and trip over the cap.
  9. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Rubber edge pusher will glide right over all the caps at the gas station.. gas stations suck lol.
  10. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

If I was doing with a Skid Myself be a power angle pusher with a trip edge Them Rubber edge pushers doesn't scape snow well and being truck stop that snow will be pack down + it will save on the salt usage