1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v plow update

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by split2ndnova, Feb 6, 2010.

1. split2ndnova

split2ndnova Member

OK, I thought I was on the list to get the new parts... Scott, hook me up asap.......

I need to post a few things to help some of you out. I hope this input helps those of you with similar problems. It took me weeks to get my head out of my ass but these 2 tips are worth their weight in gold.

1. When or if you have issues getting your plow on your truck, put the plow in float position and take the dam chains off. This makes it super easy to line up the holes. Push up on the light assmbly. My jack is all bent up but now its a 2 minute job. I made a plow dolly so it is close to the jack height so it works well and you can store the plow on the side of your home by pushing it. Made my life easy and kept my old lady off my back.

2. When or if you do the temporary fix on your plow, clean ALL 4 of the valves. DONT just clean s3 and s6. You will have metal shavings in all. I had a shitload. I did the fix and my plow is back to rock and roll.

This plow is a hell of a machine and those of you that are talking **** about how good your red plows are.........please dont waste our time. Go back to the red forum and stay there. I paid 2k less for a plow that is better then the red. I had both and this plow impresses me more and more. 1000 lbs of danglin fury..... Ha ha.

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

a review like that makes me want to go out and buy one

3. V-Dogg

V-Dogg Junior Member

Yea! What he said at the end!!:):)
    But you should not have to take the chains off.Grab the chains(one in each hand) and pull apart,this will make it easy to get the lift cylinder down fast.

4. stanger86

stanger86 Member

yep, just push the lift cylinder down all the way while in float mode before you disconnect and you should be good. Also, on the update, you get a whole new block with new cartridges, so you dont have to clean nothing. Simple fix.