1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-plow to strait blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by CountryLC, Dec 6, 2008.

1. CountryLC

CountryLC Junior Member

I purchased a truck last week that had a fisher 8'6" v plow with the fish stick controller. I did not purchase the plow it came with because I have a 8 ft strait blade. I hooked up my strait blade to the truck and the plow does not lift or move left to right, you can hear the pump wanting to move it, but it doesn't. I know the plow and pump are fine since I hooked it up to my old truck and it moved it. Any one know what I have to do to get it to work!! Thanks
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think it will work unless you have an X-blade. You will probably have to put in a different wiring harness and controller.
  3. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

I had always thought you could go from an EZV to a straight blade by using a straight blade controller (which may need an adapter). Did you check the plug ends and wiring under the hood to be sure.
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

need the adaptor that goes between the plug in the cab and the controller.
  5. Blasco

Blasco Junior Member

He is correct. Fisher sells an adapter for the controller to go from ez-v to straight blade. It's something like $50 for it. I'm not sure if you can run the ez-v controller though. You may have to run a straight blade controller. I'd call a dealer and ask.
  6. CountryLC

CountryLC Junior Member

Thanks for all the help, picked up the adapter today and everything works!