1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V plow to straight edge conversion

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ryanktm200, Jan 1, 2009.

1. ryanktm200

ryanktm200 Junior Member
    from ct

Ok here is my situation. I have a fisher v plow with minute mount on a 99 gmc 3500. The plow has had a roughf life and has been bent broken welded and fixed in the frame. Now the plow will only sit flat and scrape well when plow is in straight or in a relativly straight possition. When in scoop possiton the center of plow is off the ground and when in v possition the wing tips are off the ground.
    Can I put a straight edge blade on my minute mount frame? I am goining to end up with xtra hoses and i dont know what I am going to do about the wireing and controler. I know fisher makes a EZ V adaptor cable kit part #21792K but will i have to use the same "fish stick" or get a new one beacuse mine doesnt work corectly anyways.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I think you can just readjust your a-frame angle. It sounds like you need to lower it where it ties to the headgear.