1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V Plow sub rates

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Midwest BuildIt Inc, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

What are you guys getting or paying an hour for subs with vplows. I have had 7.5 straight blades up until this year and have been getting around 65 an hour. So i was wondering if i should be getting more for having a v plow . thannks for any advice ....

96 Dodge 2500 V 10
    8.2 BOSS V

2. Midwest BuildIt Inc

any thing guys ???

3. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

Do you think your going to be doing more with the V plow than you did with the straight blade? From what I have read on this site $65 per hour is pretty good. Are you happy with $65 per hour? Kevin

4. Midwest BuildIt Inc

yes i am happy with it . i think ill be able to do things faster, like when the lots are packed full of cars during the day, and cleaning up around things. i was just curious if anyone was paying more for these v plows verses straight blades...
    thanks , bryan

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  5. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

I can't answer your question very well, this is my first year doing this kind of business. I would think $65 an hour is pretty good no matter what kind of blade you have. Good luck, hopefully someone with a better answer will respond. Kevin

6. I have a v plow, and was offered $120hr to plow versus the $90 for my buddy with a straight blade. payup