1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V Plow Sod Pipe Install

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KSB, Dec 27, 2011.

1. KSB

KSB Member

Anyone have any experience building a sod pipe fit on a v plow. Any pictures or help would be greatly appreciated. I don't think it is ever really going to snow this year.:realmad:
  2. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

Here is what I did with my v-plow. I thought about through bolting the pipe through the cutting edge but decided to tack weld instead....four small welds across the front and two at the very ends of the pipe in the back....if it ever snows I can report back how it works.

Sucks having a new plow and no snow :realmad:

3. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

here is a second pic

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

How did welding on a hardened cutting edge go? And, isn't that going to leave a trail of snow in the middle?
  5. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

Actually believe I got a good weld....had a friend who wells for a living do it for me with his arc welded....would not get that penetration with my MIG.

As far as a trail...yep, it will leave a trail the hight of the sidewall of a schd 80 pipe which, Iirc is about 3/8 in. However, with the pipe you don't get a clean, down to the pavement plow anyway....most if what I plow is gravel so no worries for me.
  6. DScapes

DScapes Member

perhaps want to add an angle off of the tubes in the center to close them up? when the plow is in full V, I would think the pipes would catch some resistance and fill up with crap!

now you can use it on properties to plow leaves!!