1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Plow snow foil??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by andcon83, Sep 25, 2010.

1. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone had come up with a good design for a steel snow foil for a V-plow yet. I know there was a few people talking about it on here last year.
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The biggest functional problem is the center section at the hinge. I put the 9.5 rubber deflector on my 8.5. I didn't bother to trim the flaps, just let them overlap in the middle. The weight of a steel foil is also a consideration, the XV is pretty heavy already. And, a foil negatively impacts stacking in my experience.
  3. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

I was thinking of the flat steel type deflector that just sticks up. I still get alot of blow over with the rubber flap.
  4. bigthom

bigthom Senior Member

if u still have a lot of blow over with a flap slow down lol.my rubber flap works sweet maybe its a user error? jk