1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V plow sagging to one side

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by DFLS, Jan 12, 2012.

1. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

I have an RT3 Power V, the driver's side hangs lower to the ground. Noticed this last season. The plow frame on the truck is level, both ears are the same height on level ground. When the plow is mounted, the whole tower is leaning lower on the driver's side. Real obvious when looking at the truck from the front : the light bar is crooked compared to the hood of the truck.

With the plow off the truck in V position, standing in front of plow, facing plow : If you grab the light bar with two hands and push to the left, the tower moves over and the light bar sits level. Let it go and it leans back down. There seems to be some play towards the driver's side where the push frame mounts to the Center Section. No droop to the passenger side, just from "level" to "down on the driver's side" The drivers side outside cutting edge is worn more than the passenger's side edge especially on the outside edge..

Is it possible that my Horizontal hinge is bent? What else could be causing this?

Thanks....

2. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

yep , mines bent too . i wacked an inlet that jumped in front of me last year :realmad:

my holes are elongated too . was supposed to weld them up and re-drill them , but was tooo busy

3. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

I think this started last season when the driver's side frame mount became loose and we had lots of heavy snow before I figured out what was wrong...

So the fix would be to eliminate the elongation in the holes of the Push Frame and the Center Section on the driver's side?

So take the plow apart and see which holes aren't round anymore, fill with weld and re-drill?

4. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

my frame is tight sound & straight. yes , its where the head gear and sector meet . it gets elongated and sloppy . some say it now meets the contour of the road then . hmmmm. im trading in some plows next year for new ones anyhow. every 3-4 years i unload them on ebay .

5. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

I do about 8 hrs average storm with around 12 storms per year. Plow probably 5 years old so that's about 500 hours on the plow. Everything else is fine, even could buy new center section and push frame and pin for $1000...

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How are the springs if they are loose the plow will wobble some.

7. SMiller

SMiller Member
    from IN

Is the A-frame bent like all the rest of the Boss plows? The A-frames are junk on these plows!

8. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

A- frame not bent, and springs tight. I am pretty sure that it is the horizontal hinge pin and the holes it goes thru are elongated on one side which creates the droop. It only droops to one side, most likely due to the time frame last season where the truck mount came loose and allowed the plow to become unstable on the driver's side. Plus I remember a few late night jolts that helped out with the metal stretching...