1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V Plow ??s

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by FEZHUNT, Feb 11, 2010.

1. FEZHUNT

FEZHUNT Junior Member
    from IOWA

What do you like/dislike about your Hiniker V Plows. I've had a straight blade Hiniker for years with no problems but am starting to think about upgrading to a V Plow. Thanks

2. farmboy9330

farmboy9330 Junior Member

I wouldnt recommend a new v unless hiniker figures out how to put tighter springs on the trip edge

3. FEZHUNT

FEZHUNT Junior Member
    from IOWA

Are you running one or did someone tell you that? I've talk to a few people that have them no one has complained about that. A couple have had some broken welds on the moldboard and the plows were new this year. Just trying to make sure I make the right choice and not regret it.

4. farmboy9330

Yeah ive had it since december and other than the tripping issue i love it. ive ran hiniker vees for 8 years. ive talked to reggie at hiniker and there sending me some tighter springs this week so hopefully that fixes the problem.

5. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

This is the third season for my V and I am very happy with it. I will never buy anything but a V from now on. I have also been using Hiniker products since 1994 and would not buy any thing else. Very reliable and well built products. The only thing I don't like is when you buy new cutting edges and shoe It runs $300. Then I always add extenders on the outsides and Jrs in the middle at the V. another $300. but it sure makes the cutting edges last longer.

6. farmboy9330

Well i got the tripping issue fixed went and bought a western mvp plus and it hasnt tripped once!