1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V plow ride height question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by purplehavoc, Nov 27, 2012.

1. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Installed my new 8'2'' Boss V plow on my 05 GMC 2500HD about a month ago. I love the new blade, but I was wondering what any body with similar set ups are seeing for height from the tip of the cutting edge to the ground with plow fully raised and wings retracted?
    I only have 6.5'' from edge to the ground with blade fully raised. Hate having to run with the blade straightened out so I don't scrape everywhere.

Truck currently is leveled with 285's on stock wheels, and a set of Timberns. Air bags in the rear and 875 pounds of ballast.

Thanks.

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Sounds normal mine are about that Thinking my boss with new edge on is around 8''

When you lift the plow how many inch does the front drop??

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Chevy's do that. if you want,kick the wings out a little.Or turn the t bars up.

4. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

sounds normal like my 8'2" v-xt on my 1990 its sits at about 6"s since i have no timbrens i have the t-bars cranked up with 235/85/16's and 700lbs in back

5. RRSS

RRSS Junior Member

I have a 9-2 vxt on a dodge 2500 and I just bump the wings out a little. Don't have to go all the way straight. It just depends on how much your front end drops when you lift.

6. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Running the t-bars cranked up with Cognito control arms, so wings kicked out a little it is.