1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v plow question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by qualitycut, Jan 22, 2008.

1. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

I just got a new 9,2 v plow and when I put it in scoop only the very center touches. Also when I back drag, the center of the plow (cutting edge) digs into the ground and puts an nice scrap in it. Any help would be awesome.

Andy

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

problem

check plow hook height should be 15 1/2 from the ground to the center of the pin hole ,you can change the tip on the blade with the poly wedge between the tee frame and center mast ,in tips down, out tips up

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

x2, something isn't set right.

4. qualitycut

it doesnt have the wedge in there it the brand new model, Pin hole? that where the plow hooks to mount? sorry

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If only the center is touching while in the scoop position then the mount is too low or the bumper stop needs moved forward to tip the blade forward more.

Are you positive the bumper stop isn't there? They still use them on the V's to fine tune the correct height so the edges set flat on the ground in all blade positions...

6. qualitycut

No there isn't one the edges just curve in the middle towards the truck witch sucks because I was going to put those poly cutting edges on. Im just frustrated.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I think we have a little confusion here qualitycut...

The center bumper has nothing to do with the cutting edges. The part I think your referring to is called a "snow catcher" which was the "hoof" shaped piece that Boss used to use between the two halves of the cutting edges before they came out with the formed edges that did away with it.

The "center bumper" is a black colored poly plate on the top of the pushbeam (A-frame) under the center tower that tilts the wing forward and back. It's slotted and wedged to allow you to adjust the angle of the center section to get the plow to stay flat on the ground in all blade positions.

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I know mine has one, and it is brand new too. It is right where the black A-Frame hooks up to the red center section. Basically look under where the trip springs hook up.

9. qualitycut

ya I thought you where talking about that rubber piece that the older boss plows had on the center of the blade. I will check tomorrow, or just bring it in they just put it on 5 days ago. Sorry I am new to the boss plow so I may be a little slow yet.

thanks

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes I'd let them go ahead and reset the height and angle on it since it definitely isn't correct. Make sure the truck is set up however you mostly run it as far as ballast because they're a little sensitive to changes in vehicle height. If they adjust with the truck empty and you then load 1000 lbs of ballast in the back, it's going to throw the blade pitch off again.

11. qualitycut

Ok, ya I put 350 pounds in the back I will take it out to see what happens, then I will put in the same weight I will always be running in there.

Thanks for all your help guys

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

350 lbs isn't really enough to change it so I doubt you'll see an improvement in the pitch until they adjust it. If it was 800 or 1000 it would affect it more. But either way it definitely needs an adjustment. :)

13. madmaxxxx

madmaxxxx Member

I have a new 9'2" also and have similar problem. I have tried adjusting the wedge and get mixed results. I am wondering if it is because I have this on my GMC and the truck squats somewhat when I hook up the plow. Could it be that the way the front end lowers after the plow is on it that affects the scoop and vee positions? I have timbrens on it also. It is the new body style. I have been thinking about setting up the mount on the higher side of 15 1/2". Any suggestions?

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

To properly adjust the plow in order to get the edges to lay flat on the ground in all positions the plow needs to be on the truck with the truck loaded the way your going to run it. Move the mount to make a major adjustment, then use the wedge to fine tun it.

15. qualitycut

Thanks for all you help I called the dealer up to day and they told me they could'nt get it in till friday so I told them I would be there in a half hour, what do you know they have 3 bays open and they got it fixed. They had to move the bolt up one hole on the mount.

16. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

I'm having same problem with mine- I have an old RT2 V plow (8-2) & I looked at the manual & diagrams, then looked at my plow-I DON'T HAVE a bumper stop!! Weird, really weird. Either they too it out or upgraded to something else, but I have no plate or bolt holes or anything under the spring tensioner like the diagrams show......... any thoughts??

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The old RT2's didn't have a center bumper, that's why you can't find one. :D

To get those set correctly the truck mount and/or truck height have to be adjusted. A real pain to say the least, and that's why they added the adjustable center bumper to the RT3's.

18. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

crap-my mount bracket is all the way up already; oh well

19. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then it's time to adjust the trucks suspension.