1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-plow question?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by steve in Pa., Jan 30, 2005.

1. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

When you have your plow in the v position, is it normal for your ends of the plow to be off the ground maybe 1/2"-1"? I have noticed when i have it v'd the ends of the plows are off the ground. When I scoop it seems that the ends of the plow are on the ground and the center is not because it doesn't clean very well in the center of plow. Just wanted to know if it was normal or does the plow need slight adjustment? One other question, the only thing i don't like about the v is does not clean as well as a straight blade, there is always a 4" center strip of snow. Its not alot but its noticeable. Is there anything to help with this? I thought maybe once the blade wears down a little it might help?

2. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

What kind of plow is it? Sounds like you need to adjust the truck mount down some to level the a frame. The a frame should be level to the ground.

3. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

western mvp 8'6"

4. Langlois Enterprise

Langlois Enterprise Junior Member

Make sure your plow has a snow diverter in the middle. This will stop the 4" strip. Check your manufacturing parts list it should tell you what you are missing.

5. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Your goung to have to drop the mounting point on your truck. If its to high it will cause the wings to not be level. Thats what it sounds like too me. When you install a plow in the instructions it will give a height that the mounts should be at. With your plow down and sitting on level ground, the a frame should be level, same measurment at the front and back.

6. Nailit1954

Nailit1954 Senior Member
    from ma.

Hey Steve!
    No it's not normal for your vee to be off the ground! It should be perfectly flat on level ground. Like GNC said its got to do with your mounting. If you check your manual it should give you a measament off the gound. You'll have to adjust frame with the holes provided.
    Nailit

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If its and ultra, you make the adjustment at the T-bar on the blade.

8. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Good point , I am not familiar with the new ultra mounts. Thanks for pointing out where the adjustment is on it.

9. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

crash , it is a new ulta mount. Is this something simple to do or should i take back to the place that installed it? Thanks for all the info guys. I do have the rubber in the center buy the way.