1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V plow quality of cleaning ?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by scottL, Sep 8, 2006.

1. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I've been a long time owner of sno-way - am very happy. Now I'm looking into a new truck and plow. Has anyone used sno-way's V plow? How well does it work and how clean does it leave the ground?

( I've heard that the center pillar it leaves a 10" path on the ground )

Thanks!

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The vee requires a properly adjusted set of skid feet to work correctly. but if set up right clean very well. I have been very happy with mine, I've used on since 97 and have been very happy. The center skid is important to maintaining the correct attack angle of the center chisel.

3. scottL

On my current plow the skid feet never have come in contact with the ground. With the V how often do you wear through the skids feet? Is the tripping action in all positions like their video seems to show?

Thanks!!

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think any full trip v blade plow will trip in the scoop position. If you hit something in the center part it may partially trip but I doubt it.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The vee will trip in all postions. I've never had mine trip in the scoop postion but then I'm rarely going fast enough. Before the unit trips the pressure refeifs let the wings drop back, that I've had happen.
    Center skid wears fastest, I replace mine at the begining of the season

6. scottL

I really appreciate your responses. The sno-way info is ok but, not really life enough.

When you have the plow angled like you might for a straight blade - does the v-plow perform the same? (In the video DvD the company sends out it looks like in angled mode it it does not perform nearly as well, allowing a fair amount of snow to work it's way up the plow from mid-point )

Thanks!

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I don't stand out front and watch, so maybe it does. The tower dosen't curl as much at the top as the wings, doesn't seem to effect the way it performs. Works better then the MVP western I had before. Stacks higher then anything I've ever use short of a loader/skid steer.

8. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

The snoway V will not roll snow as well as the other v plows because of its design. Does it still work though? YES. No v plow rolls snow as well as a straight blade either. You have to take sacrifices to get ahead in other spots.

9. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I have never used a snowway vplow, but I can say this. My Boss V Plow rolls just as well as any straight blade I have.