1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V Plow purchasing

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by D-Max, Oct 31, 2006.

1. D-Max

D-Max Junior Member
    from midwest

Hello gentlemen
    How are your V plows holding up?Im in the market to buy one.Preferably 9 ft.
    thank you for sharing your comments

2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

guys either love them and wont get another straight blade or they absolutly hate them i had a truck with one liked it but didnt have the money to put in on my new truck but i want one

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I've used my new 8'2" Once so far and fell in love with it the first time. lol

4. F350 Snowman

F350 Snowman Senior Member

I Love my 9'2 Boss V, dont think i would have anything else.

5. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

Dont know what i did with out one.
    Mike

6. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

D-Max,

I have been running a 9'2" Boss poly V for about 6 seasons now. I thing that it was the first year of their FT3 hitch system. I love it. I finnaly broke one wing spring last year. Otherwise there have been absolutly no problems with the structural strengh, electronics, or hydraulics. It even has the original hydraulic hoses on it. I just bought 2 more 8'2" steel V's last fall. They are the older FT2 version, but I still have had absolutly NO problems with them. We put our plows thru the test when it snows. We are the only company that plows in a town of about 3500 population. We have a very busy schedual when it snows. I wish that I could count on the pickups pushing the plows as well as I can count on the plows themselves. I seems like if someithing breaks, it's on the pickup. I wouldn't hesitate with buying a Boss again in the future. I just don't ever see haveing to replace them.

7. Chuckie

Chuckie Member
    from PA

My story and dilema......

I have a pretty good assortment of midsized lots, apts, and drives.

I have been running a 7' 6" steel superduty boss on my F-250 for years. I love it. Was going to purchase wings for it last winter and didnt think it would be worth the 500 bucks. Then one of the guys that plows for me bought the blizzard last year and I wish I would have bought the wings just for cleanup purposes after seeing his blizzard in the field.
    My current dilema. I have just purchased a 2007 f-250 Superduty extended cab shortbed. It has the 6000lb front end so putting on a 9'2" will not be a problem. My question is .... I am looking for the pros and cons of 9'2" vs 8'2" v-plows besides 12 more inches of straight plowing. My main reasonin my head for choosing the v plow is for scooping purposes but I am sure I will come up with many more once I have one.

And a more specific question for Makindust, I do not know the pros and cons of the poly over steel and see when you purchased your new plows, you went to the 8'2" and also went steel. I am north of philadelphia and most of our snow is wet snow and the reason of having less snow sticking to the poly will not affect me so much, so I was wondering what other pros may be out there.

I would like to thank all you guys in advance for your help. Chuckie