1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Plow Pictures

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by crash444, Feb 25, 2008.

1. crash444

crash444 Member

Lets see the V-Plows! Here is our V-Plow that we Just painted up.

2-23 camera 022.jpg

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Take the crowd out with the wing!

Where you and Alfred Station the same?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  3. crash444

crash444 Member

Yes we are located in alfred station. But we are the Tow on Alfred Highway Department and then there is the Village of alfred, You know the area?

4. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

anyone else got vplow pics

5. crash444

crash444 Member

Oshkosh

Here is another Pic. It is a 1978 Oshkosh

2-23 camera 015.jpg

6. grandview

There's a story in Snow Magazine today about a company in Alfred Station NY

Porter's Snowplowing and Excavation

7. crash444

crash444 Member

Yes I Know porter Snowplowing! We went to school together. Snow Magazine I would like to read that article, I wonder where I can get a copy of it? He has some nice plow equipment.

8. grandview

9. grandview

10. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

11. Snowman16

Snowman16 Member

Here is my Boss poly v when it was new.
    Fall and Winter 007.jpg

Fall and Winter 007.jpg

12. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Poly...

How do you like that Poly v?

13. grandview

What does it look like now?

14. Snowman16

Snowman16 Member

Grandview, it looks allot different now, it was new as of November and now has a bent A frame, bent left wing, new controller (the old one bit the dust in two months) and most recently the motor fried:redbounce. Other than that I love it:rolleyes: lol

15. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

I gotta tell a man, I don't feel bad for you at all. We run 5 boss v-plows, one of which is an 8.2 poly. We love the boss v-plows. Yes we have bent a-frames several times the last few years and most recently bent the wing on the drivers side of the poly v, but it's all from operator abuse. It'll take some abuse but only so much. You can't go smashing into curbs I'll take a steel plow any day over a poly plow, because with a steel plow you can re-weld things. Good luck getting that poly piece to bend back after you've re-welded the braces and match the holes up after a few winters. Not happening

16. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Not only that, but the way the steel plow is constructed, with the steel moldboard being welded to the bracing, it gives it superior strength in reinforcement. Granted, the poly's frames are heavier with reinforcement, the overall strength still doesn't equate to that with the steel moldboard.

17. crash444

crash444 Member

You are right about that rail yard being a nightmare. I worked for the company for 8 years and I used to plow out dumpsters and the rail cars with a skid steer or the backhoe. I used to move cars around the yard and into the shops. it is a nightmare more than just plowing there. my wife and brother and uncle still work there.

18. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

It was a good article, I personally get snow mag just got the cover stories...The Porter one isn't too bad, it's shows how not to lowball accounts and if you think the price is too high, screw it, submit the bid, it's what you think is feasible.

19. Snowman16

Snowman16 Member

I just wish the dealer had said to be careful when I asked about how strong the plow was, not "This plow is too big for your truck anyway, you will break the truck in half before that plow will give" . I guess i'm more mad at the dealer than Boss, I would still buy another Boss, maybe not from the same dealer. The pump thing was over the edge though.

20. BulldogPS

BulldogPS Member

sorry error

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008