1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V Plow or Straight Blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ramair2k, Oct 30, 2012.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

For someone doing light commercial, (local city town) no parking lots or contracts of that nature, and a few family driveways, would you stick with a straight blade or go with a V plow? The V plow is only 220 dollars more than the straight blade. Both plows are Fisher X-Blade SS, one straight the other V. Is it worth the 220 bucks more to just get the V or stick with a straight?

2. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

I suggest the more efficient V. The ability to carry snow to a designated area alone is worth the cost. I upgraded my 1st gen x-blade to an X-V and was amazed in the times savings it allowed me. Less time equals more money. If I were looking for a sub, I'd always go with the V guy everything else the same. As far as driveways, the difference is less apparent than on larger lots.

Perhaps if you were just doing road wind-rowing, one could argue that less moving parts would be the way to go. I just see the potential that the V has on open areas.

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes and resale will be more in the back end. Plus the Extreme V has much faster hydraulics.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You can make a v plow into a straight blade. But a straight blade can be made into a v only by hitting a telephone pole!

5. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

For the extra upfront cost you will earn that back easily every year you own it. Plus resale is higher.

6. peterng

peterng Senior Member

wow I can't believe it's only $220 more for the vblade. I paid more than that for my pro wings. no question V it up !

7. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have a video on You Tube with a link? I want to see how you did that !!!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  8. grandview

9. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Is that one of your sub contractors because it is not an f250

10. grandview

Wife........