1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v plow or kage

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bobcat310, Jan 7, 2011.

1. bobcat310

bobcat310 Junior Member

What do you guys think the v plow or the kage box system for my skidsteer I have a 773g bobcat.I take care of 80 condo units alot of backdragging and pushing.
  2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Kage. Perfect for what you want to do.
  3. bobcat310

bobcat310 Junior Member

Do you own a kage snowplow?The risen is I seen a nice v plow from Hiniker for the skidsteer called the Ox.check it out the price is around 3,800
  4. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

you get what you pay for.. go with the kage...
  5. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd personally go for the Kage in this situation. V-plow's and expanding plows just have way too much (electric over hydraulic solenoids to name one) to go wrong in the middle of the night.
  6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

x2, Plus this being my first year with a "containment box" set up I can tell you its way better than a V blade. The Kage might cost a bit more but your basically getting two plows in one. I have a Boss skid steer plow with Boss wings and I am considering getting the Kage frame for next year.
  7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

No, but I own a Snow Wolf with Fast Tach, which is similar. You get a straight blade which is great for back dragging and then the box attachment that you can push it all away with. My plow is built very well, as is the Kage from what I can see and have heard from others on here. IMO the Kage is more versatile than the Hiniker.
  8. loaderplower93

loaderplower93 Member

Definitely the Kage...I'm getting one as soon as I can afford it.
  9. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Go with the Kage, a 8ft would work great on your 773.
  10. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Go with the 9 foot KAGE,

the added productivity is impressive and the payback will come sooner than you think.
    We love our KAGE.
  11. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

Does A-frame on these Kage plows hold up better on these with trip edges? The moldboard trip skid plows we have all get A-frame cracks eventually. Looks like a damn good idea though considering the alternatives have alot of moving parts if you want a blade and pusher combo.
  12. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Take a look at their website.

Ours is on a telehandler, have used it 115 hrs. thus far and all is well. The center pivots side to side about 9" and I think that will help the frame work long term. Trip edge has no effect on Kage box, we chose Kage ourselves over Snow Wolf due to the side plates being bolt on and able to be replaced as well as the center pivot and pin set up.
  13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

A Horst snowing will make a Kage look silly production wise. The only problem is they cost more. If you go with a 7-12ft you can do single drive in one pass or you can put your wing backwards and have a box for backdragging. Just giving you different idea's.
  14. fargosnowpro

fargosnowpro Member

If youre considering spending the money for the Kage, I honestly don't see a Horst being too far off base. From what I've seen on the web the Horst seems a lot more stoutly built that the Kage.

To the OP, I would go with a Kage over the OX from Hiniker. The OX looks like a very nice skid V plow, but the Kage WILL out perform the OX. Personally, I would go with and am attempting to secure the funds for Horst snow wings next season, 8' and 10' for our skids and a 12-14' for our loader :yow!:
  15. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

what would the money comparison be?
  16. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

We use a Gehl 5240 (62 hp) with a cheap snow shark pusher, and it works circles around the trucks on the lot, one with a boss V, and one with a Snoway 29R. Next year we will have a Kage or a Horst Snowing on a bigger skid or small loader, and send one of the trucks somewhere else, as the containment plows on skids are just that frigg'n good. A guy next to us is running a Bobcat with a Kage on a lot that they used to put 2 trucks on, and he's in and out so fast it still leaves me shaking my head, including loading and unloading the skid.
  17. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

If I had the reason to, I'd get one of these instead.

As long as you had a skid big enough to use it that is.

18. fargosnowpro

fargosnowpro Member

The Kage is a few grand more than the OX.. the Horst is a few grand more than the Kage payup I've seen the OX, Kage and Horst all close up but have never used any. The Horst blades look like they are made for hard commercial use while the Kage and OX are definatly on the lighter end of the scale.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I totally agree with you. Here's one for sale here, not sure what shipping to the states would be. http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...esSnowWing-Skidsteer-Mount-W0QQAdIdZ250249458
  20. cf1128

cf1128 Member
    from NH

That is a good price, worth the road trip from OH. JD Dave is offering up some good advice and a place to buy it, that is full service! Check out some Vids, the Horst is over built and if you didn't love it, would re-sell in minutes. Try finding a used one on the East Coast